1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kath, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Kath

Kath New Member

....to go wrong ?made 3 attempts to ride this year while on hols and something unfixable on bike has broke every time meaning no ride and end of hols -marshalled last weekend at Eastridge BES then camped near Hopton woods -got bikes out of car, got kitted up-went to set sag on rear shock and it let go big time -leaking everywhere-expensive end to hols and no hols left to go back there this year-just put dropper seatpost on it to try for first time too! Feel like I'm not meant to ride any more☹️

2. Mike Chapman

Mike Chapman New Member

Sorry to hear Kath,
    Sounds like a nightmare! Having a mech failure is no fault of yours sometimes chocolate log happens...fix ya bike get out there and have some fun

Kath likes this.
  3. Mike Chapman

Mike Chapman New Member

Lol I did not write chocolate log, I nearly died laughing!

Greg and Kath like this.
  4. Kath

Kath New Member

Shock already getting service and repair-just needed a rant to let off some steam-sorry all-have to go back to hard tail for a while-thanks Mike

5. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

That's a shame to hear @Kath , and I know all to well how repeat mechanical failures can really kill the fun. Hope you can get your shock sorted quickly ... hopefully the shock looks worse than it is and is a simple fix or even a warranty job through TFTuned or similar.
    Good that you've got a 2nd bike, can still enjoy the good weather and kick up some dust :D
    Do you marshal often or normally ride enduro events?

@Mike Chapman have got most offensive words filtered out, rather than hash and asterisk I opted for some more comical alternatives ;)

Mike Chapman and Kath like this.
  6. Kath

Kath New Member

No more hols left for fun now but a day at Degla in a couple of weeks-have marshalled at all BDS and BES round this year for Si Paton who deserves credit for organising great events but have done the odd xc race myself just for fun-shock out of warranty but hopefully just the seal has gone

Greg likes this.
  7. Mike Chapman

Mike Chapman New Member

Chocolate log happens! ;)