1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

View from a local downhill track

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by noodle, Oct 1, 2015.

1. noodle

noodle Member

This isn't one of my photos (I always forget to take some!) but this is a view from one of our local downhill tracks:

croppedimage760350-signal-hill.jpg

The city is built on a volcanic area so there are a lot of downhill tracks around! This particular one is pretty hardcore in parts but if you take it slowly it's not to bad. I'm not a hugely experienced rider so I take it easy as much as possible.

It's just coming into a good season for here as the tracks are starting to dry out a bit. There are still come areas I tend to hop off the bike and walk though. Any other downhillers here?

chris obrien and Steve Dawson like this.
  2. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson New Member

Hi Noodle, thats a beautiful area, where abouts is it ?
    I'm a downhill rider who used to do a fair bit of downhill racing in my younger days, but I never rode anywhere with that sort of view. I love medium jumps and fast courses although I'm not quite so fond of the more technical runs. It rains all the time in England so my favourite run is probably never entriely free from a bit of mud, but its fairly dry for the most part. I've found myself getting off and walking on the steeper parts for a while now, they seem to get steeper as I get older.

3. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

That's a great view from the top noodle, looks like a nice elevation too, plenty of descent time! I've got a trail bike so proper downhill stuff is a bit much for me, I don't have the confidence to ride fast off stuff that sends me through the air, especially on a 29er hardtail :laughing: