1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Useful Links and Websites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greg, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Spending too much time online can be bad, one goo thing is stumbling across useful and helpful websites.
    I've added a couple below, and as and when I find more I'll try to add them here. If you know of a useful website, post it and I'll add it to the list (y) :thumbsup:

Mapping and Route Planning:

ridewithgps.com

One of my most visited sites, it offers really really good route planning using several available map sources, its also free to use! What's more you can export your route to .gpx for use with a Garmin or similar. There is also a smartphone app that routes can be downloaded to and can also be used to record rides.

walklakes.co.uk

A ramblers website?! Why yes actually, this is the best place to get access to FREE OS Maps online with the ability to plot routes that can be downloaded to .gpx! Simply register on their forum for free access to 1:25000 OS maps.

bing.com

Want fast free 1:25000 OS Maps without having to register? Head to bing! There isn't the ability to plot routes, but its a simple way to get access to OS Maps for route and trip planning.

Ride Recording:

strava.com

Loved by many, hated by some, it's one of the most popular ways to record your rides, runs, even Nordic Skiing!

endomondo.com

A popular alternative to Strava.

ridewithgps.com

Also offers ride recording!

Other useful sites:

veloviewer.com

A great addition to Strava, loads of stats and figures!

2. noodle

noodle Member

Strava is really good. It's especially interesting if you have a few local friends and you link your accounts up. The GPS can be a little bit off sometimes but it's not too bad.

Greg likes this.
  3. roll6

roll6 New Member

I like visiting vitalmtb.com. here you can watch mountain bike videos, browse their huge product guide, and more. Bikes, parts, and gear reviews and ratings from users.