1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uptonogood Endurance Ride recci

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by Greg, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

After enjoying (not sure if thats the correct word for such a hard ride) the Southern Trail in April I'v ebeen looking forward to the Uptonogood event on 14th June. Thought it might be worth going on a recci ride this weekend since it starts only a couple of miles away. The Uptonogood Endurance Route is 45 miles, with my ride out to the start and back plus a couple of detours it came in a just shy of 54miles :eek:

Rained loads on Saturday so was expecting some muddy goodness on Sunday ... I wasnt disapointed! The weather was great, hot, sunny with a nice breeze. Much of the route was nice and dry and fun to ride, there are still a good few stretches that mega muddy and pretty hard riding... but the rest of the route really makes up for it. Hope it doesnt rain this week as some of the swamp will dry out and make for a much easier ride.

Glad I rode it though as I've discovered a few more great trails! Time to check the weather forecast and make a booking...

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

Steep saddle down fun.
    IMG_2258.jpg

Yay for summer!
    IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

This is going to be fun next weekend after a whole bunch of riders have been through it!!IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg