1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to henley and back

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by chris obrien, May 29, 2016.

1. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

the sun struggled to come out today just a few moments on my ride ,...I parked at grims ditch near Wallingford where there is a convenient spot just off the A 4074 , grims ditch is starting to get overgrown , I then proceeded to climb from woodhouse farm up through mongewell woods and past the huge house and down to witheridge hill and up to bear wood , loads of singletrack took me to kingwood where there was even more, the climb up to rotherfield peppard is super steep your doing well if you can climb that one without getting off ....dog lane was next followed by a short section of roadwork then left onto a lovely track down to Henley ....through the town where roadies were having a break sat down outside the café with their multi k racers , onto the climb up to lambridge woods lovely views over the chilterns from here , just skirted the village of bix and through woods to bromsden farm and through bix from there byway takes you to nettlebed then onto huntercoombe , the descent of huntercoombe is one of the best in the chilterns and it was dry, I like the ride over harcourt hill where you are greeted with a super view of the thames valley , down to clacks lane and back to the car , really good route i recommend it

DSC00554.JPG

DSC00551.JPG

DSC00552.JPG

DSC00555.JPG

Greg likes this.
  2. Mike Chapman

Mike Chapman New Member

Awesome pics Chris...perhaps for a change we could head out that way one evening during the week...looks like a great ride

Greg likes this.
  3. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Great photos and write up Chris (y) :thumbsup:
    Maybe some time over the summer/autumn we could try and get a bunch or the Tuesday and Thursday guys out for a weekend bimble via a pub for a beer and bite to eat. This could be a great route for it, passes close to quite a few places we could stop.

4. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

yes one of my fave local rides loads of singletrack usually park at old disused reading road near carmel

Greg likes this.