1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ronnie Pickering Video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve Dawson, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson New Member

Many of you may have seen the recent viral video in which a cyclist and a driver, a man called Ronnie Pickering, have a heated verbal argument on the roads of the UK. Although the original video has now been removed, its embedded on this Daily Mail article if you haven't seen it before. :- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-angry-know-road-rage-rant-moped-rider.html

Although the driver, Mr Pickering, was clearly extremely angry, threatening and potentially violent, do you think that the cyclist was entirely in the right, I felt that he could have dealt with the situation a little better, and perhaps even just have ignored Mr Pickering from the start, after all, there are idiot drivers everywhere. The cyclist does have a youtube channel thats filled with other complaints about drivers, some of which seem a bit petty if I'm being totally honest. Although Mr Pickerings behaviour is clearly unacceptable and a total over-reaction to the cyclist, do you think that he had any genuine reason to complain about the cyclists road-use at all ?

2. paulsmith73

paulsmith73 Member

I think the chap was riding moped, regardless it was another display of disgusting and impatient behaviour towards a fellow road user. I haven't ever been in that situation and hope I never will, so its probably easy to judge their actions from watching a video, and easy to say they both over reacted.
    I would probably be defensive too if someone was being confrontational like that towards me, there is a point though where if you're not making any reasonable progress, then its time to back down a leave before things escalate. This chap did seem a bit intent on winding the driver up though.

Steve Dawson likes this.
  3. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

I honestly thought it was staged when I watched it... And was chuckling away to myself at the two of them going on. If the rider has a YouTube channel with lots of similar videos, then I wonder if he led the situation along a bit. However the rider wasn't doing anything wrong either to warrant some abuse.

Steve Dawson likes this.