1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ride to boars hill

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by chris obrien, May 22, 2016.

1. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

rain again Saturday so thought lets do route that will not involve riding through axle deep mud ....so we rode north to oxford on sustrans route , a bit flat but makes a change from the ridgeway based rides , we ended up recording over 35 miles on riverside /canal route till we reached raleigh park where we were suddenly back in the countryside and heading to youlbury woods where we found some cracking singletrack and then onto boars hill singletrack and good views over oxford city ' down to bridleway that led us to sunningwell albeit some road work till we picked up byway that ends up back through cycle tracks in Abingdon and back to didcot via sustrans route past old power station

DSC00548.JPG DSC00547.JPG DSC00545.JPG DSC00546.JPG

Leo Bayquen likes this.
  2. Leo Bayquen

Leo Bayquen New Member

Great ride Chris...my wonky old legs won't be able to keep up with the mileage you're doing.

3. chris obrien

if you don't mind me asking leo , how old ?

4. Leo Bayquen

Leo Bayquen New Member

Early forties...but aged quite early for doing permanent nyt shift work and having unhealthy habits

5. chris obrien

yes I used to do nights but changed years ago , like to think I have a good diet and lifestyle , I try and go out three times a week though my riding pals are younger than me by some way ....are you on strava ?

Leo Bayquen likes this.
  6. Leo Bayquen

Leo Bayquen New Member

I'm not in Strava yet but thinking of downloading the app soon. Been nyt shift for quite a while now maybe just until the kids get older. I'll try to follow your lead but surely struggle with the distance. Cheers