1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

original rhinos

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by chris obrien, Dec 1, 2015.

1. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

I am trying to find out the date this photo was taken ( 1991 ...92 ? ) of when the rhinos first started riding ,I am second from left , think this was before our first epic ride ...didcot to avebury and back
    original rhinos.jpg

Greg likes this.
  2. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Brilliant! I'd have been cruising around on a Diamond Back then! Was my first bike with QR wheels ... and seat clamp, and even a QR on the stem with raised bars. So off road the riser bars were up like motocross, and on road I used to spin them back like a sports bike and pretend I was racing :wacky::hilarious:

chris obrien likes this.
  3. chris obrien

no such thing as disc brakes back then left to right , marin mount vision.....orange c 16 ,with trick girvin flex stem ....not sure what next one is ....Raleigh M trax (when they were top of their game in X.C racing )....silver fox ?....GT backwoods .....diamond back on end ....

4. AndyB

AndyB Wheelie for Safety Staff Member

Was this a MTB club? What it just called the Rhinos?

5. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

The olden days ... would have been '95 or '96 before I even got V Brakes, the stopping power was insane!! Ha ha, thinking about it, there was a chap at BPW on Sunday on a retro ish XC bike with V Brakes!!!!!

6. chris obrien

not really a club andy , just a group of friends that go out on an evening ride during the week and the odd trip away , this year we went to the lakes