1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M.B.R route abergavenny

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by chris obrien, Dec 6, 2015.

1. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

I,ve lost count of the times I have driven through Abergavenny on the way either to the Brecon beacons or mid wales , and always looked at the blorenge towering over the town and pondered what the mbr route was like ....so driving back from a friends 50th bash further up in the black mountains I gave it a go , armed with my orange five and memory map gps I set off , a gentle ride along sustrans path led to one of the most savage climbs I have ever rode nearly four miles up to the top where I came across a pub on its own on the moors , a short length of road work led to keepers pond where I picked up more singletrack which skirted round the side of the mountain , excellent tech singletrack , a bit wet but solid underneath , only 12.5 miles total but I recommend it highly

DSC00282.JPG

DSC00286.JPG

DSC00285.JPG

DSC00287.JPG

Greg likes this.
  2. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Brilliant write up Chris, great photos too! Have wondered myself what the riding is like around there as I've driven through a few times now too.

3. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

worth it I think despite only 12.5 , there was one climb at the end I had to walk , easy parking on sustrans route

4. duongkhue84

duongkhue84 New Member

picture nice