1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GoPro Hero+ or SJCAM 5000 Plus

Discussion in 'Gear and Accessories' started by Greg, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Being asked what I want for xmas, as normal I don't really have a list, so it's been suggested I might like an action cam ... which I agree I might like :D

I had looked in to getting one of the cheap SJ4000's a while ago, but see that the SJCAM SJ5000+ is now available, now I'm doing a bit of research I see the new GoPro Hero+ is also available. Having watched loads of footage on youtube, the SJCAM always seems to suffer some colour cast, where as the GoPro colour reproduction looks very good. Aside from that they seem quite equal.
    Does anyone have the SJCAM, if so, what's it like and do you rate it?

So:
    SJCAM for around £110
    http://www.sjcam.com/cameras/29-sjc...s75-1080p-60fps-wifi-sport-action-camera.html

or

Hero+ for £170
    http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/heroplus/CHDHC-101-master.html

2. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

greg...you can borrow my go pro hero 4 if you want ....

Greg likes this.
  3. Greg

I might take you up on the offer Chris, I'd like to see how the videos come out and how I get on with the GoPro too.
    Would be good to be able to record some of the great singletrack and fun descents I'm finding

4. chris obrien

yes you could also borrow my chest/hemet mount and I have a remote

5. AndyB

AndyB Wheelie for Safety Staff Member

The entry level GoPro's are garbage. Get the best or you'll regret it.

pic001.jpg

chris obrien likes this.
  6. AndyB

AndyB Wheelie for Safety Staff Member

If you don't want to get the Hero 4 Black due to the high price, then I suggest getting a used Hero 3+ Black. Here's an example using the Hero 3+ Black.

7. Greg

That would be awesome of you Chris, probably chest mount would be best ... I don't want to whack the GoPro of any branches, I had enough helmet strikes last weekend in the woods!! Not sure if the helmet mount will go on as I have a light mount on there too...?

8. chris obrien

ok we will arrange a time to get my go pro to you ....

9. Greg

If it's a bit easier I can get down to the G&D earlier on Thursday if your out?

10. chris obrien

am out tonight (weds)...may go up to pub Thursday evening ,if not I can drop it round Friday on way back from wo

11. Greg

Which ever is easier :) I'm home from 6pm on Friday.

12. Greg

So after plenty of looking on line, I'm going with the Hero4 Silver which Chris has, it's near identical to the Hero3+ Black but also has a few extra features plus an LCD display, which I have found really handy when using Chris's. Just have to wait a couple of months for Santa to deliver ;)

chris obrien likes this.
  13. chris obrien

just tested go pro lookalike .....ok not bad quality but not as good as the real thing