1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First proper ride in a couple of weeks - Donnington Castle

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by Greg, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Been ill for a couple of weeks with a chest infection, finally it's cleared up, but was a challenge to drag myself out and go for a ride. Glad I did, went down to Donnington Castle near Newbury for a look around. 40 miles was't what I really had in mind after no proper rides for so long ... but I just couldn't get motivated to go out and ride if I was staying local and there wasn't something new/interesting to see.
    Mixed trails but mostly dry with a few muddy bits and puddles thrown in to mix it up. Glad I took my mudguard, not for the mud, but the huge cow turds!! Had a real treat as I arrived home, one really awesome sunset!!
    Think next week I might drive down to Donnington Castle then head out from there for a good explore up around Snelmore.

P1000721.jpg
    P1000727.jpg
    P1000729.jpg
    P1000732.jpg
    P1000736.jpg

2. Greg

3. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

great pix ....we have done that ride and gone back different way via hermitage

4. chris obrien

yes I agree about parking up there , must be a way to watership down from there ....how you getting on with go pro ?

5. Greg

GoPro is great so far and I've uploaded a few on the vids ... only managed one ride with it as been ill with some horrible stomach bug since last Tuesday. Did you want it back for the weekend for the wobble?

6. chris obrien

I don't think i will to be honest ,always bleak overcast (hopefully dry tho ) not good for shooting vids ,did not want to lug it around on ride , last year was tough but best wobble so far will take my normal point and shoot camera round so keep it a bit longer .....