1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't be so lazy and selfish...

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Greg, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Yesterday while riding through a field with sheep in it, further ahead I see a Land Rover driving away, as I catch it up a little further on I see someone couldn't be bothered to shut the gate, despite a big PINK sign saying "Please Close the Gate".

C'mon folks, there are only a handful of things we are asked to do when riding an event (or even when out riding at any other time), don't litter, be courteous to other trail users and shut gates. It's not difficult is it.
    If you're watching this and you can't be arsed to shut gates or take your old inner tubes and litter home with you, well your laziness makes every mountain biker look bad in the eyes of land owners and other trail users.There are bins at the event HQ, car parks and feed stations where you can put your litter.
    Stop being so lazy and selfish, shut the gates and take you litter with you.

The signs are there for a reason, lets try and maintain good relations with land owners and other trail users!

Kath and AndyB like this.
  2. AndyB

AndyB Wheelie for Safety Staff Member

A very good reminder, Greg.

Sounds like you have something loose near your GoPro and it's making clicking sounds.

3. Kath

Kath New Member

I agree, especially about the litter part particularly at purpose built trail centres(out on the trails),if you bring it with you ,take it away with you!!

Greg likes this.
  4. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

@AndyB That was the hose for my hydration bladder, tried to keep it tucked in to a strap but sometime it would come out or I'd forget to tuck it in, and it would tap on the side of the GoPro housing.

@Kath Absolutely, and at a trail centre it's not like it's all that far to carry litter back to the start. Some people :confused::banghead: