1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycling brings joy and happiness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greg, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

For my daughters 3rd birthday I decided to get her her first bike, she had been really excited about it since she loves zipping around on her balance bike, it's taken a while but she is really getting the hang of cycling now.
    I do have to keep reminding her to look where she's going and not at her feet, there have been a couple of unexpected detours in to shrubbery! It's so awesome to see the smile on the face as she's getting more and more confident :D:D It's also really great that she gets very excited about cycling, even if its only in the seat on the back of mum's bike going to the shops.

RAB_5985-Edit.jpg

RAB_5994.jpg

RAB_6011.jpg

2. noodle

noodle Member

That is too cute! Looks like she is really enjoying it! My brother takes his son out on his bike with a child seat attached to the back. It was a bit intense for him the first time but he's completely used to it now. He's only 2 but I think that will help him get used to the feeling for when he has his own bike.

paulsmith73 likes this.
  3. paulsmith73

paulsmith73 Member

Get him a balance bike for his birthday or Christmas, he will love it!

Greg likes this.
  4. noodle

noodle Member

That's a great idea with Christmas sneaking up soon, thank you! I know his parents would enjoy it too as that is one step closer to him coming on bikes rides with them properly.

Greg likes this.
  5. Greg

That's a good call Paul, my little one still loves hers, really good way to get kids started off with two wheels.

6. roll6

roll6 New Member

Kids really like riding, mostly when they can ride with their friends. She will come to learn how to ride so that she will be riding without your supervision. You will let her know that she is not supposed to ride on busy roads. She can be riding in your compound for now.

7. Hilman Hambali

Hilman Hambali New Member

I love riding bike as a child, but I have a massive accident on the road. I've never been into biking since then, now I started biking again when I was 16 now I am really interested in mountain biking because I love the thrill and excitement.

Greg likes this.
  8. Faye1232212

Faye1232212 New Member

That's so awesome! Biking is such a fun, peaceful activity. Glad to see you're getting your daughter riding early. I know a lot of people who as adults do not know how to ride a bike and I genuinely feel sorry for them. The wind in your face , fresh air .....makes me want to take my bike out right now! I just love that you let your daughter experience this!

Greg and paulsmith73 like this.
  9. Greg

Thanks @Faye1232212 , She really enjoys it and it makes me happy seeing her having so much fun. I look forward to he being able to take on proper bike rides when she's older :D

10. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson New Member

Its lovely to see that smile on her face. It brings back all the joy that cycling brought to me as a child and its wonderful that shes learning from such a young age. Give it a year and she's going to be flying about. Great stuff.

Greg likes this.
  11. Rex Smith

Rex Smith New Member

Great pictures Greg and great sunshine too. She is really enjoying the bike. Reminds me of our childhood days when we learnt the hard way, with bruises and all. Old school should I say :D.

Greg likes this.
  12. Greg

Falling off is all part of the "fun", she hasn't had that experience yet, but I'm sure she will eventually and there will be :crying: