1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chilterns Revisited 23/08

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by Greg, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Had planned to go to the SouthernXC Round 6 race but instead went for a bit of a re-mix ride, revisiting some previous rides and trying to get some new trails in too. All that rain has mixed things up a bit, dry in places, deadly chalk and boggy loam ... nice!
    Stan's saved the day again and only about 10 miles in to the ride, will have to get the super glue out later :) Have a sore knee too, need a good stretch and rest.

P1010513.jpg
    P1010515.jpg
    P1010518.jpg
    P1010521.jpg
    P1010522.jpg
    P1010523.jpg
    P1010525.jpg
    P1010535.jpg
    P1010537.jpg
    P1010543.jpg
    P1010545.jpg
    P1010547.jpg
    P1010550.jpg
    P1010563.jpg
    P1010566.jpg
    P1010568.jpg
    P1010582.jpg
    P1010584.jpg
    P1010585.jpg
    P1010587.jpg

2. noodle

noodle Member

Wow that is beautiful! Is that in South East England? I have only been to London before so my impressions of England couldn't be more different to this. I think I would have enjoyed my stay a lot more if I had the opportunity to go somewhere like this. That track does look like it has the potential to get very boggy but it sounds like you had a good ride.

It looks quite flat - is there much downhill biking to be had there? This is what the downhill tracks near me look like (note: that is not me in the picture! I am very amateur so proceed cautiously!):

p4pb11700544.jpg

3. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

More Southern Central I'd say. If you ever visit again then certainly take some time to visit the country side, London is ok for some things, but it is still a huge stinky city ;)
    There aren't a great deal of hills right where I am, there are more in the Chilterns but still nothing to get too crazy on. The nearest proper DH riding to me Wales and that's a couple of hours drive away... full on Down Hill isn't really my thing, I still enjoy fast fun descents though (y) :thumbsup:
    I've read good things about the riding on NZ, maybe if I ever get to visit my sister in Australia I'll be able to extend my visit a little further South East!

noodle likes this.
  4. noodle

noodle Member

My last trip to London was for a couple of months and I wish I could go back and take the opportunity to do some biking! I was exhausted on the weekends (it was a work trip) but I'm sure I could have rustled up some energy from somewhere. I've seen quite a few races held in England so it looks like the scene is pretty active there.

Highly recommend visiting New Zealand for some riding if you ever get the opportunity too! There's definitely some extreme riding but there are plenty of the more sedate options. I'm paranoid I'll break a bone (haven't done so yet!) so I try to keep it pretty casual.

Greg likes this.
  5. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

always think when you are on the north downs how close you are to London , great riding there , I bet if you were on Leith hill on a clear day you could see London skyline