1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chilterns mountain bike ride again? Why yes :D

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by Greg, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Bit of a mare ride today, two proper flats which dumped most of the Stans fluid into suspicious looking milky white puddles on the trail, then a snapped valve core Great weather out and awesome trails made up for it, plus found some dirt jumps tucked away by a climb

P1000581.jpg
    P1000585.jpg
    P1000589.jpg
    P1000596.jpg
    P1000601.jpg
    P1000602.jpg
    P1000610.jpg
    P1000612.jpg
    P1000614.jpg
    P1000616.jpg
    P1000620.jpg
    P1000622.jpg
    P1000626.jpg
    P1000629.jpg
    P1000638.jpg
    Maharajah's Well
    P1000640.jpg
    Maharajah's Well

2. Brian

Brian New Member

I know some of them locations :) I've noticed the smooth part next to steps between whitchurch and goring are looking a tad shabby so starting to require a bit more concentration again :)

Shame about punctures. Thorn season or Chilterns flint?

3. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson New Member

Fantastic pictures as usual Greg, sorry to hear you had some equipment problems but at least it was nothing too fatal for the bike. Once again you get gorgeous weather, looks like it was a fantastic day out. How did you deal with the snapped valve ?

4. Greg

@Brian Yes the bit next to the steps has worn away a bit, never ridden along there before so took it slowly down as it looked really steep, probably easier and more fun with less brakes :D Where the ground has eroded the reinforcements have made mini step downs which make it a little dicey going down with the brakes on!
    Since going tubeless thorn punctures are no more ... those little shards of flint though are still a pain :(

Cheers @Steve Dawson I do like to try record my ride in photos. Thankfully nothing serious, that usually comes in the winter which seems to be harder on the bike! Was very lucky with the valve as the front tyre finally stayed up on the forth attempt of pumping up, which was when the end broke off, so I'm glad I put plenty of air in. Spent the last 10 or so miles hoping that the puncture didn't open up again on a stone or anything, I had a spare tube ... but it's a big mess once a tube has been in a tyre that has tubeless sealant fluid in it!!

Steve Dawson likes this.
  5. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

good ride greg , I will have send a link to Wednesday evening riders .....I never saw your strava post

Greg likes this.
  6. Greg

Thanks mate, is really route, going to be messy though once the real rains starts!
    I updated my first post with the Strava link too.