1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canfield Brothers - Yelli Screamy Ano Blue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greg, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

I really like my Grand Canyon AL SLX, for the money it was (and still is) a great bike ... but I quickly got the upgrade bug and started changing things on it. I do a fair mix of riding, mostly local XC trails of various types and occasional trail centres. My Canyon is really an XC bike, XC geo and XC forks ... and it reminds me of that when things get slow and busy ... straight line speed its great. Slow and "technical" its all twitchy and nervous feeling.

After much reading I've decided get a new frame and build the bike better suited to where and how I ride. I want a jack of all trades, I want to be able to cruise cross country and put some miles in but still be able to have some fun on the rough stuff when I feel like it.
    They say Jack of all Trades, Master of None ... well time will tell, but with everything I've read so far the frame I'm getting seems to be a pretty reasonable compromise. Its not been a short process finding a frame that fits the bill, I believe in 29ers despite all the haters ... I want a 29er, I'm sold. I also want to be able to ride anywhere and know that my bike can at least cope. XC to AM is the aim.

Spec wise, well this will have to be a keeper and so I want it right, some things might be a bit of an over kill for most part, perhaps? But I want it to last and be able to take not only what I ride now but how I'll ride as I get better ... Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

August 9th Update:

:D:D:D:D:D ....

RAB_5474.jpg
    RAB_5492.jpg
    RAB_5506.jpg
    RAB_5554.jpg
    RAB_5526.jpg
    RAB_5604.jpg
    RAB_5592.jpg
    RAB_5522.jpg
    RAB_5596.jpg

Managed to grab a few photos before the tail end of Hurricane Bertha set in properly. Sadly not had time as yet to get out on a proper ride, busy yesterday and raining today with family things to do :rolleyes:

Final build spec:
    • Frame: Yelli Screamy, obviously. Hope Head Set.
    • Forks: Rockshox Revelation XX Dual Position 110/140mm Forks.
    • Bars & Stem: Chromag Fubars OSX - Black Chrome. Truvativ Holzfeller. TMR Imprint Grips.
    • Seat & Post: Charge Ladle on a Rockshox Reverb 420mm post with 125mm Drop.
    • Wheel Set: White ZTR Flow EX laced to Hope Pro 2 EVO Hubs with Sapim CX-Ray Spokes. DT Swiss RWS Thru bolt.
    • Tyres & Tubes: Continental Mountain King II ProTection folding BlackChili 2.4/2.2 around Schwalbe SV19A LightWeight Tubes.
    • Brakes: Hope Tech 3 E4 with Braided Hoses and 203mm/183mm Hope Saw Rotors.
    • Drive Train: Shimano XT M785 175mm Arms through a SM-BB70. Shimano PD-M530 pedals. 1x10 RaceFace Narrow/Wide 30t. KMC X10-93 Chain. XT M771 11-36 Cassette. Shimano Zee M640 Shadow+ Wide Ratio with Hope Jockey Wheels.
    Thanks to Sean @ Canfield Bros for putting me in contact with Mark @ Overspoke Bikes ... well worth the 5 month wait for this build. Thanks to Mark for putting up with my lengthy rambling emails and and being continually helpful ... even at hours far outside of 9-5! Highly recommended LBS, if your near to Kidderminster Overspoke is your shop! (y) :thumbsup:

2. sboss86

sboss86 New Member

wow thats stunning, nice ride!

3. Origami Crane

Origami Crane New Member

I'm sensing a theme with the blue! lol

Anyway, this looks like an awesome bike! You got some great pics of it! You picked the perfect backdrop. Very dramatic with the storm clouds.

4. Greg

Thanks @sboss86 ! @Origami Crane yes I went a bit bike tart with this build but I wanted something unique and special. I love it so far, glad I went with dual position forks ... there is a huge difference in the handling between 110 and 140mm, the bike is a lot more tame at 110mm. At 140mm it handles like a different bike!! :D

5. Greg

A few pics from a killer hilly ride on Dartmoor on Sunday ... looking forward to heading back to take the Yelli down some of the awesome trails !!

IMG_5358.jpg
    IMG_5378.jpg
    IMG_5380.jpg
    IMG_5383.jpg
    IMG_5399.jpg
    IMG_5401.jpg
    IMG_5405.jpg
    IMG_5407.jpg
    IMG_5408.jpg
    Panorama 8.jpg