1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brecon Beast 2015 - Short Route

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by Greg, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Once again the weather was good, a different route this year, which was really good. This year’s route was a lot more open and allowing the grand views to be enjoyed. Really good that the organisers addressed last year’s issue of congestion at the start of the event, there were a few miles of road riding to get out on the Beacons this year, but it was a nice warm up and really relaxed ride rather than the frustration of being stood around like last year.

Great day out riding with Chris and Paul, looking forward to next year's already and looks like there will be a few more coming too. Good riding, good company, good weather, good beer and good times!! :)

P1000190.jpg
    P1000191.jpg
    P1000193.jpg

P1000206.jpg
    P1000214.jpg
    P1000217.jpg
    P1000219.jpg
    P1000223.jpg
    P1000230.jpg

P1000237.jpg
    P1000239.jpg

P1000245.jpg
    P1000256.jpg
    P1000259.jpg
    P1000265.jpg
    P1000269.jpg
    P1000270.jpg

P1000282.jpg
    P1000289.jpg
    P1000294.jpg
    P1000315.jpg
    P1000323.jpg
    P1000324.jpg

2. Greg

Some pano's:

P1000229.jpg P1000261.jpg P1000285.jpg

3. noodle

noodle Member

Looks like a great day! That is a very long ride! Maybe it seems especially long to me as I tend to do a lot more downhill. The idea of going downhill for 42 miles sounds pretty intense to me :) Do you go to this event every year? Also, just glancing at the place names, they look Welsh - am I correct?

chris obrien and Greg like this.
  4. paulsmith73

paulsmith73 Member

Brilliant photos Greg, wish I could take photos as good as that! Are you sure that is the short route?!

5. Spoke2sooN

Spoke2sooN New Member

I was there sunday, I should have taken some photos too, I saw yours on instagram yesterday and they are great. You really captured the scenery and weather well! It was a really good event, I did the short route too and glad I did as it was quite a challenge in places :grimacing:

6. Greg

@noodle I rode it last year for the first time. It is indeed in the lovely Brecon Beacons in Wales.
    @paulsmith73 I rode the longer route last year was about the same distance as the short route this year! I think the long this year was roughly 50 miles.
    @Spoke2sooN Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the compliment, I do like taking photos :) Some of the descents were great fun, trying to stay on in the rocks was certainly a challenge but really rewarding to get through without incident!!

Spoke2sooN and paulsmith73 like this.
  7. Brian

Brian New Member

Great photos and I really enjoyed this event!

I've been riding in the Beacons a few times now, but I wanted a bit more and what a great way via the Beast! The route was excellent and the first major climb dwarfs anything in my local patch :) See you in 2016

chris obrien likes this.
  8. Greg

Thanks :) The only riding I've done there is at this and last years Beast event. Would like to do a bit more riding round that way when I get a chance. One great thing with the event is access to private land which can't be ridden otherwise. Really enjoyed the route this year, last years was good, this years was great. Do you mean the long climb up to the feed station? That was a long! Every time I saw the track go around a corner it looked like the summit, got around the corner just to see more climbing :weary: but that's part of the attraction, very different riding to around here which is a challenge and a change (y) :thumbsup:

Have you ever been to the Uptonogood event?

9. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

booked up for this years Brecon beast again , will camp again look forward to Saturday evening pasta party and mayby a pint down the local

Greg likes this.
  10. Greg

Nice one Chris, should be a great ride again! Should be there for the pasta party this year and defo a pint again!

11. chris obrien

chris obrien Active Member

I see the guy in the orange lid , he,s the Russian entry yuri nater

12. Greg

Ha ha, and his mate Ivana tinkle

chris obrien likes this.