1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Greg, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Without a doubt my favourite TV series of all time. Usually even if I like watching a series I can live without it, not worried if I have a break and catch up later or even miss an episode. Not with Breaking Bad ... I was hooked! It was the meth of TV shows, I felt a little lost when it ended and nothing has been able to replace it, it was an absolutely genius show!

The good guy in me held out the whole time hoping that Walter might be able to save himself somehow, whilst thoroughly enjoying watching him charge full speed in to oblivion.
    There was a little tease in May by Bryan Canston that we might not have seen the last of Walter White. While the last series beautifully dusted several characters and their story lines, Walter and Jesse survived the Finale.

2015 & 2016 will bring Better Call Saul, could this prequel be a way of keeping the fans interested whilst possibly setting up some further plots lines for another Breaking Bad style show ... perhaps following Walt and Jesse post Breaking Bad? Here’s hoping!!

2. tumblecycle

tumblecycle New Member

This is like the best show ever. I've seen it 3 times now and it just keeps getting better.

Walter is one of the best anti-heroes in TV, ever. He might be a murderous, exploitative, drug-dealing narcissist but he still somehow manages to remain likable. His somewhat unwilling sidekick, Jesse, is also one of the best TV characters I've encountered, along with Mike and Saul (so glad they're in a new series).

The Wire is the only show I've seen that can come close to being as good as Breaking Bad. It's the perfect combination of good writing, addictive plot, beautiful cinematography, and amazing acting.

Greg likes this.
  3. AndyB

AndyB Wheelie for Safety Staff Member

I don't watch TV or movies much, but Breaking Bad was awesome. I watched the first few episodes of Better Call Saul, but until I can easily watch the entire series I'll wait.

Greg likes this.
  4. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

Same here really, I only occasionally watch a film, never really sit down to watch TV. Breaking Bad though, 2 episodes and I was hooked! I didn't discover it until the final series, so pretty much watched it start to finish over a few months.
    Haven't had a chance to watch better call Saul yet.

5. AndyB

AndyB Wheelie for Safety Staff Member

Looks like Better Call Saul series is expected to be on Netflix in Jan/Feb 2016.

Greg likes this.