1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

661 Evo AM Helmet

Discussion in 'Gear and Accessories' started by Greg, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg MTB Rider Staff Member

My last helmet was a 661 Recon, for the money it was great, and it's served me well. The padded liner has slowly been falling apart though, not surprising since it's two years old and been washed a few times too, so it was time for a new lid.
    After checking out the great reviews I've gone with the 661 Evo AM Tres Grey, it was twice the price of the Recon I had before and the difference in cost is clear, the Evo AM is incredibly comfortable! Not only is it comfortable but it fits really well too, much better than the Recon did, which is because of the BOA adjustment system.
    I also like that the visor position is adjustable too, the Recon was always a touch too high on sunny days, but the Evo AM has a choice of two positions... the more customisation the better, no skulls grow the same :p The Evo AM also uses a neat magnetic Fidlock closure system instead of a traditional style of buckle - it's so easy to use as the straps just snap together to securely close, and to open them they just slide apart!
    This time I bought a spare liner so I should get a bit longer out of this helmet than the last :)

661EvoAM1.jpg
    661EvoAM2.jpg
    661EvoAM3.jpg
    661EvoAM4.jpg
    661EvoAM5.jpg
    661EvoAM6.jpg

chris obrien likes this.